NoSQL is regarded as a composed form of technologies which could be implemented to create the database software. It was actually created to provide responses to the advanced database applications that are being created by the database administration experts. NoSQL would comprise a broad range of data thanks to the all-new database software. Some of the diverse data are:
- Unstructured data
- Structured data
- Semi-Structured data
- Polymorphic data
The Advancements in Database Software in Modern Times
The DBA specialists conventionally have been used to the SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) through waterfall model for database development. This is a pretty tedious and lengthy process that would take around 18 months to complete. As a result of this time-consuming process, in modern times, database developers have given up using the SDLC. The new generation databases are developed speedily by some highly competent DBA experts. The design iterations could be prepared as it happens while the codes could be generated within a couple of weeks.
Nowadays, the database software could be obtained as a service. Previously, the company itself would be installing the software. However, today you could have access to the service online. Thanks to the NoSQL technology, users today are able to conveniently have access to the database software whenever they desire.
In this hi-tech era, remote DBA experts are able to generate databases very quickly. They are used to performing design iterations in real time. However, they would be presenting the code for an entire database in about a couple of weeks’ time. NoSQL database technologies would be capable of responding to this.
The majority of the NoSQL technologies are supposed to be open-source software. In this context, it should be noted that organizations are switching gradually from the conventional proprietary database software over to the flexible and light open source software. NoSQL allows database administrators to use cloud computing very much in their databases.
Kinds of NoSQL Databases that DBA Experts Use
There are a plethora of database technologies which could easily be categorized as NoSQL. These would be including:
- Wide-column stores: This kind of NoSQL database software generally is designed in a manner so that it could easily perform queries even in datasets comprising huge amounts of data. Moreover, this technology would be letting you store data in the form of columns. No rows would be present in this kind of database software.
- Document databases: In this kind of NoSQL database, each primary key would be coupled with a distinctive document structure. Every document could again be paired with several diverse primary keys. These are called key-array or key-value pairs. Moreover, documents could conveniently be clubbed together.
- Key-value stores: These database stores boast of the really simple structure. In this kind of NoSQL database software, all items present in the database would actually be stored basically as attribute names. Also called keys, these names would have values connected to them.
- Graph stores: This NoSQL database technology is used for storing information pertaining to data networks. An instance of data networks could be social connections.
No SQL Technologies: Some Exceptional Features
- Frequent and super-fast code delivery thanks to the databases
- Provides database architecture that is scaled out and could be distributed across diverse geographic areas.
- The database applications could be generated easily thanks to Object Oriented Programming.
- The data would now be stored in huge volumes in unstructured, structured and semi-structured forms.
- It facilitates flexible database development and fast schema iterations. The capacity to perform super-fast iterations to schemas and swift development of databases.
Proper maintenance and effective implementation of the NoSQL database could often prove to be pretty challenging. You need to apply the perfect tool for the purpose. If you are opting for key value solutions, choose Riak and Redis. If you are opting for Graph-oriented solutions, you may choose Neo4j. You may consider MongoDB or CouchDB as they could best serve your purpose if you are looking for the document-based database.