For designing, implementing and maintaining the database system of the organization, the database experts play a major role. Their role also includes a relationship with the management for establishing the procedures and the policies for managing the security, and the maintenance of the database systems.
Though there are various database management and storage systems, the source is more or less the same. If you possess an average knowledge of information technology, with a graduate degree in Information Systems (IS), Computer Science or Information Technology (IT) , you can pursue your career towards database administration. It is needless to say that the more knowledge you gain throughout the studying process, the more quickly you can make a place for yourself in the database industry.
Requirements To Become SQL Database Experts :
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the database systems
- Advanced knowledge of the methods of storage and the operating systems
- Proper analytical and communication skills , trustworthiness and dedication to work for long hours
- Knowledge of T-SQL and Net Coding languages
Conversion From SQL DBA To Advanced SQL DBA
If you possess the ability to think strategically by reorganizing the thoughts, you can easily increase the level up to the advanced SQL experts. In the advanced level, you will require some specific skills like,
- Administrative skills in various dependent applications, such as SharePoint, Websphere, Business objects, etc.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in managing the entire enterprise.
- Knowledge of working with other database applications like, the DB2, Oracle, Sybase, etc.
- Advanced knowledge and skills regarding the SQL server. You can gain skills and experience as you start practicing the database administration in the environment of the SQL servers, with adverse situations.
- In-depth knowledge about the implementation of the middleware software like the XML, .Net and proper communication with your coding and development teams to remain connected with others
- Proper experience of the infrastructural management of the enterprise for the security management, diagnostics, backup , general recovery, disaster recovery and performance
When you are experienced in advanced SQL, you can easily become the junior or the middle-level database administrator. Your responsibilities will include error monitoring and solutions, backup & restore processes, SQL server installations, query tuning and disaster recovery processes. Most importantly, you should be responsible for troubleshooting the problems and find the perfect solutions in various adverse situations.
The mid-level DBA expert can brush up his skills to become a master in this field. For example, for query tuning, the skills can be improved by covering the Systems Performance Tuning where the tuning can be used in an advanced manner. The procedures will require advanced DBA skills with the analysis and the review of the third party applications.
If you want to widen your scope in the database industry, you must be knowledgeable with the tasks of the SQL server from various perspectives. Through the data initiatives, you must be able to provide the technical support and troubleshoot problems in various adverse environments.